Romance Llama + 10 Random Facts
If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed that yesterday I posted a rather random picture of myself with a stuffed Llama. I love Llamas… and not in a random I love Lamp kind of way. The Emperor’s New Groove is, in my humble opinion, a highly underrated movie and if asked what animal I would most like to own, I would always say Llama. Random fact: the annoying catchy and amusingly meaningless Llama song (warning: earworm ahead) is actually older than YouTube. Anyhow, when my husband decided that he wanted to get some something to celebrate the sale of my first novel he came home with this little guy…
I’ve decided to make Romance Llama the mascot of this blog and, in a similar tradition to travelling garden gnome prank, Romance Llama will make regular appearances here and on Instagram and Tumblr. Also, in the spirit of randomness here are 10 random facts about me…besides my love of Llamas:
- I’ve worn glasses since I was 14 years old. I was declared short-sighted and prescribed glasses on the very same week that I got braces…talk about an ugly duckling phase!
- Both sides of my family immigrated to Australia in the past two generations – my paternal grandparents are originally from Italy and my mother was born and raised in London, England.
- I used to write and illustrate my own books as a kid, my mother still has one that I produced in my first year of primary school…it was about cats. I’m not a cat person.
- My favourite author of all time is Agatha Christie, and my goals is to find a copy of every book she ever wrote. Of all those I’ve read so far Death on the Nile is my favourite.
- I wasn’t able to eat anything with cocoa in it as a child, so I grew up on white chocolate. Even now that I can eat regular chocolate, white chocolate is my favourite.
- I’m so pale that I can get burnt through a car windscreen if I’m driving on a sunny day. As such, I almost never go to the beach.
- I have an agreement with my husband that if Jason Statham ever propositioned me, I would be allowed a ‘day pass’ with no hard feelings.
- I was an avid dancer growing up and I studied ballet, tap, jazz and other types of dance from the age of 5 until I was 23. Unfortunately, due to severe tendonitis and troubles with my ankles, I was never able to dance en pointe and I suffered many injuries over the years.
- I once was a cheerleader at a Melbourne Storm rugby league game at the Telstra Dome (now Etihad stadium) in Melbourne.
- Aside from my business degree, I have a Certificate II in makeup artistry and worked as a wedding makeup artist for a number of years. I did my own makeup for my wedding and still do makeup for friends and family’s special occasions.
I hope you enjoyed meeting Romance Llama and finding about a little more about me. I’m planning to put up some Q&A on this site, so if there’s anything you like to know please feel free to leave a comment below or ask a question via Tumblr.