Writing a book is a team effort
Writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon is a dream come true and there have a been a lot of exciting moments along the way. Getting the call from the M&B head office, seeing my cover for the first time, getting a copy of my own book…it’s all been an absolute thrill.
But the best part for me was being able to dedicate my book to the people who’ve helped me, because this book was absolutely a team effort. My family in particular have done so many things to help me get to where I am today and without their love and support I would not have been able to write ONLY THE BRAVE TRY BALLET. Here are a few of the important people who’ve helped me through the writing, sale and publication of this book:
- My husband not only cooks and cleans when I’m in the revision cave, but he ceaselessly listens to be bemoan how this is ‘the worst book ever and my editor is going to hate it’…with every single book I’ve written to date. And he NEVER complains.
- My sister affectionately referring to me as ‘smut peddler’ (aspiring to be a smut baron) and proudly telling everyone she knows that her big sister is a published author
- Mum for buying me the stack of Mills and Boon books as inspiration when I said I wanted to write one
- Dad for teaching me that real men can be in touch with their feelings (even though we will never stop teasing you when you cry during Father of the Bride)
- My wonderful friends, especially my crit partner Lauren, my beta reader Violet, fellow Harlequin Board cheerleader Kari, and the lovely ladies of the MRWG who have all read bits and pieces of my work and encouraged me to go for it!
- Flo Nicoll at the Mills & Boon London office who saw this book in it’s earliest state and helped me dig deep to find the gem hiding under all my newbie mistakes
- All the wonderful people who’ve given me encouragement along the way
Sadly neither of my grandparents (two of the most inspiration people in my life) were no longer with us when this book came to be published. My grandfather passed away as I was finishing the very first draft of ONLY THE BRAVE TRY BALLET, I wish I’d been brave enough to show it to you at the time. Thank you for always pushing me to be the best I could be.