On the move – goals
Many of you will already (if you follow me on Facebook or Twitter) that I’m about to make a huge change in my life. I’m moving from my hometown of Melbourne all the way across the other side of the world to Toronto.
I wasn’t sure it was possible to feel equal parts terrified and excited, but both are dialed up to eleven right now! I’m leaving in less than two weeks… *cue nail biting*
But then I look at pictures like this and I know I’m making the right move.
There’s so much world out there to see and I’ve really only scratched the surface. My husband and I bought our house at a very young age and so we missed out while all our friends were backpacking around Europe and doing Contiki Tours. Now it’s time for us to do a little exploring.
Here are some of the things I plan to do while living overseas:
- Have a white Christmas! It will be so nice to have a roast Christmas lunch while it’s cold outside
- Celebrate Thanksgiving and eat all of the pumpkin-flavoured things (Pumpkin Pie here I come!)
- See Niagara Falls
- Go to the following places in Canada and the USA: New York, Alaska, Washington, Montreal, Banf, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Disneyland
- See Ice Hockey, Baseball and Curling games
- Drive (just to experience driving on the other side of the road)
- Try all the cultural pockets in Toronto (Chinatown, Little India, Little Portugal etc)
Just to name a few…
Right now I’m trying to figure out what to take and what to leave behind (which is a lot considering I am only take two suitcases with me!) Have you ever moved overseas before? What was the most exciting thing for you?